Monday, September 28, 2009

Something good, right off the bat....

I have spent way too much time reading other food blogs when I have an ample supply of photos and eating/cooking/doing adventures to post my own. To wit: these great photos of the shabu shabu feast from a few weeks back. The usual ingredients, ribeye, Napa cabbage, mushrooms, green peppers, and, not so traditionally, slices of salmon and tuna.


















The oyster season is just kicking in. Thanks to my local connections, I can shuck up dozens of beauties just like these for just a couple of bucks.


















Weekend before last was, well, idyllic. First, I was doing this....













After enjoying this.....












Then I caught these. Lovely. It's great when you can catch dinner 20 yards from the kitchen.

Two 18' rockfish and some massive white perch. Dredged in corn meal and pan fried.....side of grits.

OH, and I got the Colts game AND the Ravens game, spread and over. Nuthin' but net.....

No comments:

Post a Comment