Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weird Japanese Snack #11. Still More Crackers!

These are actually from Taiwan. It's kind of strange because I'm pretty sure that's Japanese kanji on the package which doesn't make sense unless it's made in Tawan and sold in Japan. Hmmm....that must be it. No, hold on a sec. I just looked at the packaging. These crackers are made in Taiwan, look deceptively authentically Japanese what with the clumsy English, but are actually for the U.S. market.


She doesn't look too happy. Maybe she's not too happy shilling for this imposter.


Um, they're trying to mimic little ramen noodle cakes. They were teeny, about the size of my thumbnail. They had a salty, soy sauce kind of flavor. Not too bad, I could see munching on these with a beer. They in no way compare to Weird Japanese Snack #10. Those things are awesome.



1 comment:

  1. I spent over 2 years in Japan and another 4 visiting other asian countries. But I have never learned as much about Asian food as I have reading this blog. OISHI!!!!

    ReplyDelete