Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rock Fishing on the Honga River....

This past May, my pals Luther and John and I went down to the next county south to rock fish. It's not that there weren't rockfish up by us, we just wanted a change of scenery.

We put in at a public ramp and the water was so shallow I think we had, something like, 3 inches between the hull and the bottom. After some delicate navigating by Luther, below, we were able to open up and head out into the river...... And when I say river, I don't mean that in the literal sense. It's really just an inlet off the Chesapeake Bay.



Fishing companions....Luther and John.



The day started out sort of chilly but warmed a bit by the afternoon. Luther is impervious to the cold.


We were trolling, pulling lures behind the boat. Spent a lot of time staring at this.....



Finally the rod dips and John being the closest, grabbed the pole and away we go.....







At the end of the day, three happy fisherman.

1 comment: