Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weird Japanese Snack #7

I'm way behind on these. Good Dr. Terry has been dutifully stocking my weird Japanese Snack larder and I have flagged. What's worse, I had a bunch I was gonna bring home and review this weekend (many with small, dried fish) but in my haste to flee the office yesterday (I was in a big hurry to rush out into traffic and sit still) I left them on my desk. However, I did have one that I tried week before last. Pretty standard strange snack.


Replete with loads of little dried fish....see photo...



I really have no business posting blurry photos. My camera has about 97 different settings all of them represented by symbols that have absolutely no meaning to me. I mean, what setting does three horizontal wavy lines mean? Or a heart? Or lampshade? Anyway, I don't know if you can see it but I was pretty let down by the paucity of little feeshes. The other bits were just sort of puffed rice shaped into little balls, some with pretend sea weed bands, peas, rice crackers, etc.


I went straight for a fish. They were very few and, to be honest, had very little flavor. Maybe the teensiest tang of the sea but that's it. Actually, the whole thing was pretty good tasting. Thumbs up for this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment