Monday, February 15, 2010

Gyudon and Noritamago Furikake

Today is Presidents Day so I don't have to work. Dropped off the car to get the brakes fixed. I feel like a patient waiting for the doctor to come into the examination room and give me the results of my tests. I waited way too long with those things. Anyway, to take the edge off of my anxiety I made some gyudon (beef and onions on rice) with a side of seasoned rice. Below the gyudon.



This stuff is easy and tasty. You simply put it in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes and your good. My rice cooker, Shingo, cooked the rice.



Below is the jar of Noritamago Furikake. I know enough Japanese to know that the first word is referring to the seaweed and egg bits. Have no idea about the second. This was recommended to me by my pal Tetsu at the Maruichi market.



As I understand it, you just sprinkle it on and mix it in.


The gyudon was great. Tetsu, what were you thinking? That noritamago stuff is horrible! I thought Scot's fish snacks had an unbearable fishy flavor. They can't hold a candle to this stuff. Honestly, it tastes like licking a dock that had dead fish on it for a week, then the seagulls came, then the cormorants. Gross. Gross like Napoleon Dynamite says it. Was this a joke Tetsu?

No comments:

Post a Comment