Monday, February 15, 2010

Weird Japanese, no, Taiwanese Snack #14 Lychee Gels!

Okay, robust bag of Fruit Gels from Taiwan. Thanks Doctor Terry.



There's about a dozen of these guys in the bag.


Lychees are these weird sort of, I dunno, fruit I guess, from Asia. They look sort of like a nut but that is just the outside. It's kind of like a paper/bark covering. Once you peel that off there is a sort of almost pear-like fruit wrapped around a pit. The flavor too is reminiscent of pear but there's a sweet grapey quality too. I like 'em. Below, the little tub.


Translucent gel. The tub has sort of a wobbly heart shape to it. Is that to give this snack an aura of vulnerability?


These taste exactly like a fresh lychee. I, as a rule, am not a big fan of jams, jellies, etc., so I can't see ever buying these again but, you know, not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment