Sunday, October 25, 2009

Beef Pho

Just like last Saturday, it was grey and dark outisde. At least yesterday it was in the 70's. Roger and I had spent the morning and early afternoon moving furniture and this was our reward. In a previous post I mentioned that I was going to try beef pho next time I went to the Little Saigon restaurant up the street. So I took the plunge. When I was ordering the server asked me if I wanted meatballs. I said, "Are they any good?" He, looking into the distance, replied wearily, "I like them." Below, the soup.



Blurry, pointless close-up.



Photo of the texturey meatballs that seemed more like sausage. The bean sprouts and basil pulled focus in this photo. Show-offs. The so-called meatballs (actually, the were kind of ovoid) had kind of a, well, a seasoned flavor that was reminiscent of Italian sausage. Can't reccomend. The thin pieces of beef were very good, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment