Sunday, October 11, 2009

Japanese food is my favorite but Viet Namese is great too. Below is the luncheon feast I had at the place up the street referenced in earlier posts. Summer rolls up top and the plate of condiments they give you with your Pho. Thai basil, bean sprouts, lime, and jalapeno peppers. The past few times I have been the broth of the pho has been kinda week but yesterday it was great. Well done. Nice and aromatic and rich but not too thick.



The actual bowl of soup. Unlike every other Viet Namese restaurant I have been to they don't have Sriracha on the table, it's like a local blend or something. Meh, it works either way....


I passed this when I was jogging, I go past Maruichi and there's a Japanese restaurant downstairs and this was a patron. Check out the Kame Kaze plate.



To further the random theme of this blog, somehow I took a snapshot of my iPhone screen. This is what I got.



Wednesday night, despite the fact that I had the most amazing Miles River crabs ever, I had a huge hankering for noodles. See below. There was an annoying add hot water, drain element to preparing them but they hit the spot. I really should have taken a photo of the package, etc. Next time.......



I was in the store the other day and passed down the wine aisle when this incredibly ugly bottle caught my eye. It looks like something you'd market a milkshake in.


Is it me? I find this a really bizarre color for a wine bottle. Pink merlot, huh? No thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment