Sunday, October 11, 2009

An ecclectic evening.......

Last week I had a little bit of everything. Started off with Viet Namese summer rolls. I usually make these myself but there's a great restaurant right up the street that sells them so I cheated. I was almost through with them when I remembered to take a photo. I could eat about 4 billion of these.


Then the final crabs from the most awesome bushel of Miles River crabs I've had in, I'm gonna say it, years.... Every last one was full, sweet, and perfectly steamed. At $100 a bushel they were worth every penny.


Two round out the evening's feasting, two rockfish filets from a fish I caught out on the island last weekend. I got the recipe from http://tec-tsuji.com/ a cooking academy in Osaka, Japan (as opposed to Osaka, Tennesee). Dust with flour, salt and pepper, a little butter in a sautee pan, and at the last minute a thimble of soy sauce cooked just long enough to get it to carmelize a little.... This was the best non-fish and chips fish I have ever made. It was exquisite.....


No comments:

Post a Comment