Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kooky Japanese Snacks #3

So my supervisor at work is a fan of the H-Mart in Wheaton and a good sport in general. Terry, you rule. To keep things sorta cheerful at work, bless her, she and her mom and dad, have taken to choosing crazy snacks from the H-mart on Sundays and leaving them on my desk Monday morn..... These were picked because....



......as you can see below they resemble something. Her dad thought that was really funny. For the next photo I set my camera to the "1970's" setting so everything would have that creepy, retro orange color that saturated that miserable decade.


I plucked up the courage and tried them. The translation on the back simply said "Rice Cracker" and the list of ingredients was long and included rice flour, honey, corn syrup, millet, and on and on. They tasted sweet, kinda burnt, crunchy, a bit bitter, actually really complex for a snack. Their appeal grew with the passing moments but I limited myself to three, they are quite substantial. Strangeness factor: a very solid 7.5!

No comments:

Post a Comment