Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gyudon vs. Snow Crab! Yosh!

Like Gamra vs. Godzilla, it was sliced beef versus Chionoecetes! As you can see from the close-up, being a Harris Teeter Vic Club member I saved almost $30 on my 4 pounds of snow crab. (?!)



They look like a prop from one of those Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver.


I wasn't really in the mood for snow crab. Don't get me wrong, I like 'em and all I just wasn't in the mood. That's all.



Here they are all steamy and ready to go in the big corn cob themed super plate that tends to make a lot of appearances here.



Next up, Gyudon!



Naturally, I bought this at Maruichi. It had been in my freezer for a while. Below, warming up in some water.



Below, I had some leftover New York strip steak from the night before. While sipping on an Asahi, I sliced it up and placed in the bottom of the bowl. In the background, one of those creepy snow crabs has come back to life and is trying to get out of the steamer. The ever-ready rice cooker is looking on in speechless horror.....



I seasoned this with a dash of dashi.
Sorry.



Covered that with rice and then piled on the gyudon. It was fan-tast-ick! This is what I felt like when I was done. Barbell and all.........

No comments:

Post a Comment